Quail in the Limelight
- 1 medium lime
- 6 quail, cleaned and halved ribs removed if desired
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dired mint (optional)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, sauce
- lime wedge, for garnish
- avocado, sliced for garnish
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- About 1 hour before serving: Separately, grate peel and squeeze juice from lime & place quail in bowl; toss with lime juice.
- Combine flour, salt and paprika in bag and shake quail.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot vegetable oil, brown quail halves on both sides.
- Arrange in 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Pour white wine over quail. Combine grated lime peel, brown sugar and dried mint; sprinkle over quail.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes until quail is fork tender,testing often & basting with pan juices frequently while baking.
- To serve, arrange quail on platter. Skim fat from drippings in pan; pour pan juices over quail.
- Garnish with lime wedges, sliced avocado and mint sprigs.
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Saving
Calories from Fat: 160
Total Fat: 17.7 g
Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
Cholesterol: 82.8 mg
Sodium: 448.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 11.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
Sugars: 4.8 g
Protein: 22.2 g