Lower-Fat Chicken Peloponnese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2-3 teaspoons dry oregano
- 3 cups canned plum tomatoes, coarsely pureed with their juices
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 8 ounces each
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or Italian parsley
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium sauté pan and cook the onions over moderate heat until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and oregano and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, saute in nonstick spray and then cook for about 10 minutes over low heat, until thickenede. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. (This can be made ahead of time.)
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large sauté pan and sauté the chicken until golden on both sides, about 6 minutes.
- Add the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. Top with chopped dill or parsley and serve at once.
Calories – 415
Fat – 17g
Protein – 54g
Sodium – 748 mg
Carbohydrate – 10g
Fiber – 3g
Saturated Fat – 3g