- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 whole dried bay leaf
- 1 cup fresh chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp of plain greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 scoop unflavored whey protein powder (optional)
Please note: This recipe requires 8-10 hours in crock pot which is not reflected in the prep time.
- Combine lentils, onion, bay leaf, carrots, garlic and spices with 2 quarts water in a crockpot.
- Add unflavored whey protein for additional protein (optional)
- Cook on low, covered for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve and top with plain greek yogurt to add a little tangy flavor
**Makes 8 weight-loss-friendly or 6 standard servings.