Healthy Chicken Fajitas and Peppers
- 1 package of chicken tenderloins (remove all fat from tenderloins, if able)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- Low-sodium fajita seasoning
- Non-stick cooking spray
Optional toppings: plain Greek yogurt, guacamole/avocado, 2% milk cheese, salsa
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Rub chicken tenderloins with ½ packet of fajita seasoning. Place chicken in skillet and cook on medium heat; turn frequently.
- While chicken is cooking, slice bell peppers and onions. Sprinkle the remaining fajita seasoning over bell pepper and onion slices; toss veggies into skillet with chicken. Cook until onions are translucent and chicken is cooked through.
- Top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, low-fat cheese, salsa, and guacamole, if desired.
*Special tip: Buy 100 calorie guacamole packets and split them with a loved one or friend to keep from going overboard on your healthy fats! While healthy fat is important to have in your diet, too much of it can affect your weight loss.