Southwestern Crabcakes Recipe, Directions, and Nutrition Facts
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup minced poblano pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 (16 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or as needed
1. In a large bowl, stir the greek yogurt and egg white together. Stir in the poblano pepper, and season with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Mix in the bread crumbs and crabmeat until well blended. Shape into 10 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the crab cakes 4 or 5 at a time until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid while frying so the patties get heated through. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately.
Calories – 109
Total Carbs – 2.6
Protein – 11.1 grams