Grilled Shrimp with Mango Barbeque Sauce
1/2 mango, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
1/2 large shallot, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 jalapeno pepper, or to taste, seeded
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon honey
salt to taste
1/2 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
freshly ground black pepper
2 bamboo or metal skewers
1/3 cup hot, cooked brown rice
- Place the mango, shallot and jalapeño pepper in a food processor or blender and puree. Add the lime juice and honey. Season to taste with salt and more jalapeño pepper if desired.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl. Drizzle the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the mango mixture and season with salt and pepper. Thread the shrimp on the skewers.
- Grill the skewers of shrimp on both sides until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the shrimp over rice and drizzle with the remaining mango sauce.
Serving Size: 1/4 pound of shrimp with sauce
Number of Servings: 2
Fat: 3 g
Protein: 26 g
Sodium: 209 mg
Carbohydrate: 21 g
Fiber: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g