Cheesy Pizza Chicken
– 1 (4-6 oz.) chicken breast
– 1 (2% milk) mozzarella cheese stick, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
– 8 turkey pepperonis
– 1-2 Tbsp. low-sugar tomato sauce/marinara sauce
– 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
– 1 tsp. salt and pepper
– 1/8 cup 2% milk cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim all fat from chicken breast.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper
- Slice 4 two inch slits in chicken breast (horizontally).
- Scoop tomato sauce into each slit in chicken breast
- Place mozzarella cheese and 2 turkey pepperonis in each slit
- Sprinkle chicken with shredded cheese and Italian seasoning
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Enjoy with a light balsamic vinaigrette spinach salad.