Meet Dr. Manuel Castro
When surgery becomes necessary to control your weight and improve your health, you need an experienced surgeon you can trust. A surgeon who cares for you before, during, and after surgery. Dr. Manuel E. Castro is a bariatric surgeon with over 20 years of experience. Dr. Castro has performed more than 3500 weight loss surgeries, and has seen firsthand the difference bariatric surgery can make in people’s lives.
Dr. Castro is a board-certified bariatric surgeon and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is proficient in laparoscopic surgery and is experienced with a number of bariatric surgery techniques, including gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, and “band-to-sleeve” revision surgery.
Prior to joining DFW Bariatric Institute, Dr. Castro served as the President and Medical Director of New Beginnings Surgical Group. He has also been affiliated with Southwest Surgeons for Obesity and El Paso Surgical Associates.
Important for Patients
*Please note: DFW Bariatric Institute does not accept Medicare/Medicaid. Current patients of Dr. Castro with this type of coverage will need to go to www.asmbs.org to search for a provider that accepts Medicare/Medicaid.
Patients who would like to transfer to DFW Bariatric Institute to see Dr. Castro can request their records by completing the Record Release Form and e-mailing it to Lyndora@nbsurgical.com or mailing it to the following address. The records must be received by DFW Bariatric Institute before the appointment can be made.
Once DFW Bariatric Institute receives the records we will contact you to schedule an appointment. At that time we will request that you complete a Medical History Packet, pages 5 thru 8 and page 11 do not need to be completed.
New Beginnings Surgical Group
P.O. Box 3248
Cedar Hill, TX 75106-3248
Bariatric Procedures Performed by Dr. Castro:
- Laparoscopic Gastric Band – LAP-BAND® System and REALIZE® Band
- Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy)
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
- ORBERA™ Gastric Balloon
- Revisional Bariatric Surgery and follow-up of weight loss surgery patients
- Gastric Band to Gastric Sleeve Conversion
- Gastric Band Fills, Adjustments, or Removals
Dr. Castro also specializes in treatment and surgical options for laparoscopic gastric band failures.
- University of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics
Surgical Critical Care
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
- University of Alberta
- Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ph.D., Experimental Surgery
- Texas Tech University School of Medicine
El Paso, Texas
- Assistant Clinical Professor;
Director, Trauma Program
- Licensed in the states of Texas and New Mexico
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgical Critical Care
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy Club
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Grapevine
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Plano
- Destiny Surgery Center
- Elite Surgery Center
- Forest Park Medical Center Southlake
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Texas Association for Bariatric Surgery
If you would like to learn more about Dr. Manuel E. Castro, or if you would like to schedule a consultation at DFW Bariatric Institute, please contact us today.