Meet Dr. Hien Le
Dr. Hien Le is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is committed to helping individuals fight morbid obesity with the most advanced tools available. An experienced bariatric surgeon who has extensive training and skills in state-of-the-art surgical weight loss techniques, Dr. Le is an exceptional addition to the team here at DFW Bariatric Institute and shares our dedication to comprehensive, effective, and compassionate care.
Dr. Le earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. She later attained her medical degree at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock. Dr. Le went on to complete her General Surgery Residency at the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville, followed by an advanced fellowship in Bariatric Surgery, Minimally-Invasive Surgery, and Robotics Surgery at that same institution.
A member of the American College of Surgeons and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, Dr. Le has distinguished herself as a leader in the field of bariatric surgery. She has served as a Clinical Instructor at the University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, and has taught a variety of courses in advanced surgical techniques. Dr. Le is experienced with a number of weight loss surgery treatment options, and is dedicated to providing results that can ultimately help you enjoy a healthier and happier lifestyle.
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR: August, 2001 – May, 2005 – BS in Chemistry
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, College of Medicine: August, 2005 – May, 2009 – MD
- General Surgery, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN: July, 2009 – June, 2010
- General Surgery, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN: July, 2009 – June, 2014
- Bariatric and Robotic Surgery, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN: July, 2014 – June, 2015
- Chancellor’s Scholar, University of Arkansas 2001-2005
- National Dean’s List 2002-2004
- Cum Laude Graduate, University of Arkansas 2005
- Clinical Examination in Introduction to Clinical Medicine II Honors 2006
- Selected as a Resident/Fellow Representative to conduct “Walk-Arounds” with the site reviewers during the ACGME Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER), March 18-19, 2014, UT Medical Center
- 1st place Chief Resident/Fellow Grand Rounds Competition 2014
- State of TX
- State of TN
- American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
To learn more about our weight loss surgery treatment programs, or to schedule a consultation, please contact DFW Bariatric Institute today.